Scenario: I'd like to change the password that I use to log in to XPunch.
Confusion: there are two methods of signing in to XPunch, and this impacts the method that you use to change your password. Both methods are explained, below.
SOCIAL MEDIA SIGN IN (Microsoft & Google)
Social media logins allow users to sign in to XPunch with just one click.
It is instructive to note that XPunch has nothing to do with this password. If you wish to change the password that you use with your social media provider, you will need to use that provider's method of changing your password. Search out this documentation with your provider.
If it turns out that your provider does not allow this, you will want to disconnect your XPunch account from your XPunch group and then reconnect it with your new social provider account. You can learn how to do this via "How to Change the Method You Use to Sign In to XPunch."
XPUNCH SIGN IN (native XPunch account)
If you sign in to XPunch by typing out an email address and password, you use a native XPunch account.
You can change your password that you use to sign in to XPunch by following these steps:
Step 1 - Sign in to your XPunch account.
Step 2 - Click on your avatar.
- Your avatar is located in the upper right-hand corner. See the red circle in the example below.
Step 3 - Select 'Change my password.'
Step 4 - Enter your existing credentials.
- For a second time, enter your existing credentials.
- In the "Sign in name" field, enter your current email address that you use to sign in to XPunch.
- In the "Password" field, enter your current password.
Step 5 - Complete the fields.
- In the "Old Password" field, enter the password that you currently use to sign in to XPunch.
- Then, enter the new password that you would like to use in the two remaining fields and click "Continue."
You're Done! - You will be returned to the sign in page.
- After this final action, you will be returned to the XPunch sign in page where you will be able to sign in to the product with your new password.