Scenario: I attempted to delete a group and I received an error message: Bad Request.
When I asked for details, I received: Cannot delete group containing seats.
Question: What does this mean? What am I doing wrong?
The Fast Answer: It means that you have an active, paid subscription with seats or that you still have an amount due and payable on an outstanding invoice. You can't delete the group because you're still being billed on a monthly basis. If XPunch allowed you to delete the group, you'd continue to be billed monthly, even though you no longer have an account!
The Solution: In the above scenario, you'll want to:
- Navigate to Menu > Billing > Subscriptions;
- Click on your active subscription(s) and choose "Cancel subscription" from the overflow menu;
- Wait until the subscription expires (this occurs on your subscription's next "renewal date");
- Verify that you do not have any amounts due in the "Amount due" column in the Invoices area (Menu > Billing > Invoices) and, if you do, update your payment sources so that your outstanding invoices are cleared (Menu > Billing > Payment sources); and then
- Proceed with your group deletion.