Scenario: I would like to add and invite a new member to our group so that they can begin to manage their time with us.
Step 1 - Go to the Configuration section
Step 2 - Select the "Members" card
Step 3 - Click on the Create Member floating action button
You're Done! Enter the Member's Information and click CREATE!
- DISPLAY NAME: this is how other members in the group will see the new member's name on punches and on lists.
- FIRST NAME / LAST NAME: this is the member's administrative name. This is usually the person's more formal, human resources name.
- EMAIL: the email that you have on file for your member. This is not (necessarily) your member's email that they use to sign in to XPunch.
- CODE: if you assign employee or identification codes to your members, this is the field to put them in.
- PHONE NUMBER: the phone number that you have on file for your member. You can search for members by their phone number.
- ROLE: the role that the member will occupy in your group.
- PERMISSION SET: define what the member can and cannot do by choosing which permission set you want to assign them to.
- LICENSE: assign the member a seat. XPunch allows for three free seats in a group via the XPunch Complimentary Plan subscription. If you need more seats, you'll want to add a payment source and then purchase a subscription that specifies how many seats you require. You can purchase subscriptions via the "Billing" section in the product. You can temporarily assign the member "No licence" and apply a seat to the member later.
- INVITATION: you can choose whether or not you wish to immediately invite the member to your group by email or text message. There's also an option to hold off on inviting the member so that you can invite them at a later date.
Power User Tip:
- You can view a member's invitation code if you need to communicate it to them via some other method, such as over the phone, by clicking on their name in the Configuration > Members view.
Video: How to add and invite a member to your XPunch group